There are lots of things you may try to stop or at least slowdown hair loss. But, you get a desirable outcome only when you know why exactly you are losing your hair.
Hair loss after childbirth resolves gradually on its own. And, it is also important to remember that every adult loses a hundred strands of hair daily.
However, if the hair loss is persistent, or if it is happening due to a chronic illness, you must seek professional assistance.
Mentioned below are ten tips that you may like to implement for a thick and luscious mane. Please check them out right now.
- Protein- The hair follicles are made up of keratin, which is a type of protein. So, if you eat foods full of proteins like eggs, beans, chicken, turkey, fish, and peas, you will be able to strengthen your follicles to a great extent.
- Mediterranean- A diet having fresh herbs and raw vegetables, same as the Mediterranean diet, reduce the chances of both female and male pattern baldness. So, have as much greens as you can.
- Vitamin A- Vitamin A consists of retinoid that largely increases hair growth and keeps the scalp healthy. Fill your plate with sweet potatoes, spinach, peppers, broccoli, and oranges.
- Regular Wash- Washing hair is important because a dirty scalp triggers hair loss. You must use mild shampoos because harsh formulas dry out the hair and lead to breakage.
- Oil Massage- Coconut oil binds the protein present in the hair and protects it from the pollutants and ultraviolet radiation. Massage the roots and the strands with warm coconut oil at least once a week.
- Gentle Styling- Skip making tight ponytails or braids that pull the hair roots. This causes immense shedding. Also, try not to use curlers, dryers, or straighteners frequently because the heat permanently damages the hair.
- Multivitamins- The multivitamin pills found in any pharmacy contain vitamins A, B, C, D, selenium, zinc, and iron, all of which are quite necessary for hair growth and hair retention.
- Biotin- Biotin is necessary for the healthy hair life cycle. Its deficiency causes hair loss, so, talk to your dermatologist and know the recommended dosage. 3mg to 5mg daily is considered beneficial.
- Vitamin D- Vitamin D is known for providing utmost relief from alopecia of all kinds. If you take at least 1000 IUD every day, of course, after consulting a doctor, you can regrow the lost hair.
While the aforementioned tips are highly effective if you have noticed a few bald spots or feel that your hair is thinning abnormally, opt for a hair transplant surgery.
Hair transplant involves removal of hair follicles from one part of the scalp, known as the donor site, and insertion into the barren part of the scalp, known as the receiver site.
Please do carry out a comprehensive background check before arriving at any decision. Otherwise, you may have regrets in the future.