Glabella could be defined as the skin between the eyebrows, on the forehead, and above the nose. When one makes facial expressions, the skin moves due to the presence of muscular tissues.
Depending on your face’s shape, tightness of your skin, genetics, and how often you express yourself through your face, you may see the wrinkles that look a lot like waves. These wrinkles are known as glabellar lines.
In case you wish to get rid of the glabellar lines, please go through the following write-up. It specifies clinical treatment choices, home remedies, and preventive measures to alleviate their appearance in no time.
According to the plastic surgeons in Rockville, Maryland, a wide range of home remedies can smooth the glabellar lines. For instance, overnight moisturizing creams keep the skin hydrated. The skin that is instilled with a substantial amount of moisture is resilient and can retain its shape for a prolonged period.
- Antioxidant Creams
Antioxidant creams readily available in the market can enable the skin to fight damages resulting from oxidative stress. Oxidative stress happens when you are exposed to environmental toxins.
Creams with antioxidant ingredients like Vitamin E and green tea extract trigger brand-new skin growth and keep the existing skin look younger.
- Banana Mask
Bananas have vitamins and natural oils that can boost the health of the skin to a great extent. Mash one-quarter of a banana until it turns into a smooth paste. Apply the paste on the skin and leave it for at least twenty minutes. Rinse it with warm water later.
- Essential Oils
Rubbing a small amount of essential oils with any carrier oil on the glabellar lines can reduce them. Carrot seed, argan, geranium, clary sage, frankincense, pomegranate, and jojoba heal aged skin without causing any sort of irritation.
Clinical Treatment Choices
The aforementioned home remedies take a lot of time. For a permanent outcome, why not opt for clinical treatments such as Botox, facelift, and dermal fillers. For details, please continue reading.
- The professionals offering Botox in Chevy Chase, MD, said anti-aging cosmetic treatments allow you to hold onto your youthful image for as long you desire. Botox paralyzes the facial muscles to provide relief from glabellar lines and other telltale signs of aging.
- Dermal fillers are designed for mimicking the structural elements of the skin, especially collagen. There is a wide range of differences between dermal fillers and Botox, but both have negligible complications. Dermal fillers are a tad expensive, though.
- A facelift is another way to smooth the glabellar lines. It tightens the skin on the face as well as the neck. However, make sure to be aware of potential downsides such as the risk of infection, long recovery, and over time wrinkles do start forming again.
To stop the glabellar lines from emerging in the first place, you must implement the following preventive measures with utmost diligence.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Adhere to a diet rich in antioxidants and fiber.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes.
- Put on sunglasses or use sunscreen when going out.
The experts carrying out dermal fillers in Alexandria, VA said, glabellar lines, for many individuals, are a natural part of growing old. Taking proper care of the skin and leading a decent lifestyle is perhaps the best way to get rid of glabellar lines.
In case your glabellar lines are interfering with your everyday life, you must talk to a dermatologist about the multiple procedures that can make them as less noticeable as possible.